Monday, September 20, 2010

Life Is A Balancing Act

Today was a good day, a busy day, an everything day. It was one of those days where you just have a little bit of everything to do. Went to the gym, did my work, entertained the bug man, paid bills, answered e-mails, arranged a get-together for my work colleagues... later I’ll be plugging in to some training, and I’ll be starting work on my new blog space. Yes, it was a good day...
Even though yesterday I ate pasta. A lot of pasta. With homemade bolognese sauce. And mozzarella. And it was all very delicious! I was doing so well over the last week, following my schedule of protein shakes and cellular cleansing. But for some reason on Sunday it was decided that I would make pasta for dinner. I enjoyed every bite with very little guilt. Notice I said “very little”... I did feel some guilt for choosing this meal. I wondered why I chose to eat this high calorie comfort food. Turns out, I never did finish my meal, as I was completely stuffed half-way through!
Today I walked it off on the treadmill - 2.85 miles, 305 calories burned. Tomorrow I’ll try out the elliptical machine, maybe do some abdominal work too. Life is about finding balance, is it not? It’s about becoming aware of the reason we do the things we do, and taking action to begin to make choices that will serve us better. And it’s about enjoying the journey, taking in all the sights and sounds along the way, and being adventurous and brave enough to take an unfamiliar path that may lead us somewhere new and exciting. 
Today was a good day... it was a day of accomplishments, connections, and awareness, and it was a day I can be proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment