Monday, January 25, 2010

Blogging - Who'd Have Thought?

Until a year or so ago, I thought a blog was a spec of schmutz on your face. Or a smudge on your eyeglasses. Forever I have believed journaling was for talented and seasoned writers with the ability to creatively and magically weave a tale before our eyes, with a well-respected list of best-sellers to their names. This just was not me. No. Never. Who on earth would want to hear what I had to say? I don't even possess the ability to verbally articulate my own thoughts sometimes.


But as the years went on, and more and more thoughts began to accumulate in my head, I realized I had a lot of clutter up there. I was hanging on to so many ideas and passions, and I just had to share them with someone, anyone who would listen. Then, against my will and better judgement, I was introduced to social media. I was told I could connect with friends, and it was fun, really it was! Okay, whatever you say. I joined Facebook. Can I just say "hi, my name is Beth and I'm ...". Get the picture? I started writing notes on Facebook and sharing them with everyone I know. I'm thinking, this is fun, and a little bit scary. Here I am, sharing my deepest thoughts and feelings with however many people are on my list of friends. I'm peeling back the protective armor of my vulnerability. And it's all good. A few of my friends have started their own blogs. They have something to say, and share with the world. And here I go thinking again... I'm thinking, I have something to share with the world too. And it's worthy, and important. Some of it is critical. Some of it is supportive. But all of it is mine - to share.

It's time to blog, baby!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how over the last few years this stuff has just exploded on the internet everyone can share there thoughts and it looks like they are. Honey, I remember you asked me a while ago "what is a blog?" and now you are a blogger. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to your first "official" blog! It was only a matter of time...you have so many beautiful thoughts to share. Thank you for being YOU!

    ReplyDelete